Technical Support Questions
- I have an error about my computer being infected, what can I do?
- There are a number of bogus ‘Rogue’ protection programs infecting machines on the internet. First check and see what program is giving you the error. If it is “Internet Security 2010″ or “Malware Defense” or “Personal Security 2010″ then the program telling you that you are infected IS the infection. Go to my DOWNLOADS pages and get the MalwareByte’s Anti-Malware program and install it and run the FULL SCAN.
- My computer is getting REALLY slow. What can I do?
- Open MY COMPUTER, then right-click on the “C: Drive” and choose PROPERTIES. Then click on the DISK CLEANUP button. After this program scans your system, place check marks in every box EXCEPT for “Microsoft Office Install Files” if this is present on your list. Next click on REMOVE to get rid of most of the temporary file and other ‘junk’ that clutters your system. After the cleanup finishes, look at the pie chart on your ‘properties’ screen. If the “FREE” space is less than 1/3 of the total space available on your drive, you may want to start backing up and/or moving information off of the main drive onto an external hard drive or saving files to CD/DVD’s. Windows performance begins to falter when the free space is less than 1/3 of the total drive space, no matter how large your hard drive is.You can also go to the TOOLS tab and perform a DISK DEFRAGMENTATION as this will also help improve performance.
back to top
Email / Privacy Questions
- What will you do with my email address?
- In short, we never rent or sell email addresses to ANYONE, and we only use your email to contact you directly from us relating to services that we have performed for your firm.
back to top